Sunday, June 28, 2009

Jasper's 6th Birthday

Well, now my baby is officially 6 years old!!! I still remember when I was pregnant, like it was yesterday! Where is my little baby!!!
It was a great day, and we all had lots of fun. I have put some photos here so you can share in our day!
This is Jasper at 6.15am, eating scrambled eggs for breakfast in my bed! It is what he wanted to do!

Then it was present time! He loved all his presents... especially the electric blanket for his bed! (he gets so cold at night, he shivers and shakes when he is rugged up, so now it is really cold (we are in winter), the blanket makes getting to sleep easier for him).
In this photo, he is "pumping"" the 1kg weights his brother, Brent gave him!




Next up was swimming lessons. That is a normal Sunday morning for us. This is Megan. She used to be Jaasper's teacher, and is really lovely. She is now supervisor on Sunday, so we have a new teacher, but she is still there to watch him!
Megan made him a birthday certificate with 6 stickers on it! He loves it... and loved going to swimming on his birthday, because he knew he would be the centre of attention!!



Here is a photo of his cake, It was my first attempt, and it does not look so good in this photo. It was a number 6 in the colours of Hot Wheels (Orange and Blue). There was a real hot wheels car on it, with some red icing flames coming out the back! It did not taste too good... last time I use a brand new recipe!!!


This is Jasper's best buddy, Liam. He lives around the corner from us, and is older than Jasper by just one day. They are at opposite ends of the spectrum... Liam is really tall for 6, and Jasper is a teeny poppet!
We just had a "family"day here, with my mum and dad, Liam and his mum Carly, and my other friend Hayley here. My sister and her kids could not make it.
It was a nice time, and Jasper loved being silly and mucking around.


This is Jasper at the end of the day... He was pretty tired and ready for bed. He does this smile when he really wants something that he know I am going to say no to... It is the face I cant say no to!!! Very cute, and really sweet!!!



Jasper starts school holidays tomorrow... Friday - for 2 weeks. He will go to Vacation Care, as I am working.
He does have a blood test due next week, so I will post when we have some results!!
Thanks for reading.
Brooke
xxx








































2 comments:

Charisse said...

Happy Birthday JASPER!!!!!!
I love the photos! It sounds like you got some nice presents and lots of attention.....hehe. The big number SIX!!!
Brooke, I thought your cake looked really good and colourful! I rather liked the look of it! I think you did well :-)
It is nice to reminis about our babies.....
Enjoy the school holidays, Jasper! Isaac starts school holidays tomorrow as well :-)
Love Charisse

Kristin said...

Happy Birthday my love! 6 years old! You and Wesley are going to have a great time at camp this year being in the big kid group. Don't gang up on the volunteers together too bad.

Can't wait to see you guys!!! Have a safe trip over that immense ocean!