Friday, July 20, 2012

The Dinosaur visit that wasn't

So, today, I planned to take the kids to the museum in the city.
I had heard from a few people there was a great dinosaur exhibit there.

We were going to pick up my folks, catch the train, have some lunch.
It was to be a great morning!

Oops.
I maybe should have asked some more questions, and researched a little more... I am used to the museum just being free, and a donation on entry if you feel so obliged (we always feel obliged to donate something). Exhibits are normally just stuff in the museum you can walk around and look at...
This was an actual SHOW.
That you had to get tickets for... and they were sold out until the 2pm show.
No good for little girls that need naps, and big boys who need to go to friends houses for sleep overs!!

We wandered around in there anyway, and had a lovely time!

Molly got to be a dinosaur...

The kids being silly and snuggling their poppie


Jasper kept hiding, so his poppie said "just take a photo of me, I'm the best looking one here anyway!"


 See that sky? That's what winter in Perth was like today!!! Perfect!
 Molly and her mandarin means mopping up from her poppie!!!
 There was this big arse meteorite there. It was found on the Nullabor. I could not believe how huge it was... and it came from outter space!!!! Imaging that landing on your house! Not much house left!!
(the kids are playing with some dinosaurs poppie got them!)
 Home on the train, then off to bed for one little girl, and one 9 year old boy... He has had a few late nights and early mornings, with busy days in between, so it was enforced nap time.
He sobbed and cried "but I'm not tired. Let me do some maths..."
HAHA! I KNOW he is tired when he actually BEGS me to let him do math!!!

What he would rather be doing....

what he is actually doing...
(if I took an actual pic, he would wake up!!!)

Ok, another busy day tomorrow, with Jasper at football, then a Dora the Explorer concert for Molly, followed by a big night excursion for Jasper with his Scout pack..

Another update to follow soon.

Thanks for reading

Brooke

No comments: