Sunday, September 7, 2008

Santa's Village

Ok, so in the White Mountains there is a place called Santa's Village. Santa goes there when he is not at the North Pole getting ready for Christmas.
There are great rides there, and real reindeer! Jasper got to feed them biscuits. Totally cool.
Here are some photos from some of the things we did...

Jasper says this ride was his favourite. It was only a short one, but he thought it was cool!
We saw Santa after he had his lunch, and Jasper said "thank you for my presents last year". Totally cute!!! Santa was so lovely and even gave him a candy cane.
Here is Santa's sleigh.. we were very lucky to be allowed to sit in it! It was just outside his house.
There were some cool bumper cars, who can stay away!
This photo makes me laugh every time I see it. It was on the Yule Log ride, and they take your pic when you are freefalling down this HUGE slide. We got soaked!
You can see Paul holding on for dear life, I was gripping too, plus Jasper's face was priceless!! Totally scary, and not one we wanted to do again!! Frosty the Snowman was near the front door, and if you look carefully, you can see Jasper sitting on his left hand... that is how big it was!! Jas looks like an ant!


Random cupcake photo.. cute seats for the kids.. (don't think I didn't sit in one, I was there!!)
There are elf's everywhere. When you first go into the Village, you go to Elphabet University and get a card with letters shaped like a Christmas Tree. Each of the elves has a letter on their shirt, and a punch-box. Once you find all the elves and get all the letters punched out, you go back to Elphabet Uni and get a graduation certificate and gift.
There was one called Peanut - and that is what Paul calls Jasper, I think that was his favourite! (not sure where that photos is at the moment!!)
Ah, here is one of the reindeer. I think it was Dasher or Comet.. cant remember. They were so soft and their antlers are covered in fur. Beautiful
This was at the end of the day. Jasper was exhausted, running a temperature and totally over everything... what a cute shot though!! As I say to him every day "Handsome is as handsome does, Forrest".Thanks for reading, there are a heap more photos coming.. trust me, they are all uploaded, just waiting for me to add some witty commentary!!!

1 comment:

Charisse said...

Santa's Village is really cool! The type of fantasy place I would love to visit.
The log ride!!! Ah yes, they have one of them at DreamWorld in Queensland here. It is my FAVOURITE ride!!!! Hahahahaha....and my face usually looks similar to yours.
Love Charisse