Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Halloween and ENT Update

Hi all,


Well yesterday was Halloween, and Jasper has been looking forward to it for about 4 weeks! Every morning he wants to know how long til Trick or Treat..


He even has the song down pat..
Here is the video of it.. (click on the PLAY twice)




He thinks it is so funny, but knows not to say it to people, it is just something funny we do to get ready for knocking on doors!


Nice face paint job, hey?!?! Maybe not but they are only 5 so it was ok!

We went with one of his best mates, Liam.. here are some pics of how they looked.













(Believe it or not, Liam is only one day older than Jasper... It is hard to get close up with both of them on the same photo.

They got a lot of candy.. Trick or Treat is not that big in Australia, and there were heaps of people not answering the door, or just with just no candy, but that is not what we do it for, it is for the fun (and the scaring), and that it was!!

We didn't get home til 8.30pm - Jasper's bed time is 7pm, so you can imagine just how tired he was!!

He was still up at 6.30 am though!

He was allowed 2 bits of candy after the door knock, and suprisingly he was ok with that!


Medically, Jasper has had an ENT appointment this week (ear nose and throat) to retest his hearing. It is slightly improved from 6 months ago, but still borderline "mild" hearing loss. I am not suprised that it was an improvement. Last time he was tested was really close to an ear infection. We will go back for another test in 6 months time. It is just monitoring it to see if it gets worse.. fingers crossed it does not!


The dentist is the next thing we have, so not very exciting. I will post again soon.


Thanks for reading, and we hope everyone had a Happy Halloweeeeeeeeen!!!


Brooke
xxx

4 comments:

Charisse said...

Hello Brooke,

Yes, Halloween isn't big in Australia so I was surprised to hear that Jasper and you guys went! You just don't hear of heaps of people doing that. I have been reading so many American blogs who have all sorts of celebrations....it is very interesting. Who did the face painting?
It is amazing to think that Jasper's friend is only a little bit older...he is so tall!!! Haha
That is funny that Jasper wanted you to tell all the fanconi blood affected people! Hehe....he was obviously so proud of himself with his outfit and such! Ha!

I am glad his ear seems to be a bit better and I hope it keeps improving as well.
It was lovely to read an update my dear....until next time!!!
Love ya,
Charisse

Anonymous said...

Jasper! Who taught you that song. I used to sing that when I was little. So funny! And your outfit was very scary! I didn't realize that Halloween isn't very popular in Australia. We had so many kids. It's so much fun. I'm glad you got to go. I can just imagine some of the neighbors faces when they didn't have anything to give. Did they toss you a few pennies out of their pockets at least? Or maybe some veggiemite? I bet they loved to see you all dressed up anyway.

Happy Halloween!

Meg said...

Wow Jasper you look pretty scary! I'm glad you and your friend had a good time! I dressed up like a fairy this year, not scary at all :-)

I hope you got lots of yummy candy!

Love, Meghan

Anonymous said...

Hello Jasper (and Brooke)
What a great photo and headline in the North Coast Times! I was glad to read in your blogspot too that halloween was such fun.
I enjoyed watching you on your scooter on the path last week while I chatted to Mum. Take care on that hill!
Best wishes to you all from your "neighbours" at 17
Kerry and John
ps will donate to FA