Monday, January 23, 2012

It was just another day... in Paradise!

I think I mentioned in the last post that the kids and I were spending a few days in Yallingup, and that I WOULD remember the camera.
Good news is the time in Yallingup was wonderful! I also remembered my camera!!
Bad news is I forgot to get the memory card out of the computer to put back IN my camera! (lucky my mum is super, and I just used her camera!).
Here are some of our shots...

Yallingup is about 3 1/2 hours south of where we are in Perth. It is right near Margaret River - a really well known wine growing and beach paradise down on the southern coast of Western Australia.

The villas we were staying in were a stones throw from the beach. It was P.A.R.A.D.I.S.E!

Poor Paul had to stay home and earn the $$ (and water our veggies!), but it was still a nice break in the school holidays for the kids and my folks to spend some quality time together.

Here was the first day - we got there at 2pm, put the stuff in our villas, and walked down to the beach. It was pretty windy, so no swimming that day. Molly LOVED it! Both kids were soaked and sandy in no time!

 Here is Jasper tempting the waves to come get him... they obliged!
 First evening, sitting on the back verandah of mum and dads villa (the kids and I had the villa next door, so perfect!). LOVE that view!
 Poppie buried the kids in the sand!
 Ahhhh. The kids near the water, just checking it out.

 Relaxing lunch at a winery...
 My mommy and daddy at the winery!
 One evening, just before the kids went to bed, we went kangaroo spotting. We didn't have to go far...
 At the start of a big walk for the kids... we were all a bit sweaty and red at the end... nothing a dip in the ocean wouldn't fix!
 Jasper just chilling out.
 Molly loving on her poppie.
 The kids were both in bed, and the kangaroos came up right on the grass outside the villas!
Mine was the end villa in shot, and you can just see my dad on their back verandah. I walked around to get a closer shot! I scared them closer to us, then away they hopped.
 Some wine from one of my dad's favourite wine makers.
 Oh boy, never leave home with out it! *although I think southern mozzies are immune... I got eaten alive!!
Final night dinner... tomato salad...
 speccie yellow and green salad...
 perfect porterhouse and potatoes

All in all, a great trip away. The kids were (mostly) well behaved. I could lay in bed and hear the waves crashing on the shore. The birds were everywhere (and quite brave), much to Molly's delight.

It is a wonderful memory for me, and hopefully the kids too!!

Thanks for reading.

Brooke

No comments: