Friday, November 18, 2011

Friday Frivolities and Mummy Strikes Again

Is there any better way to spend a Friday afternoon?

Well, ok, a glass of wine would be a nice touch, and GUESS WHAT?? The photographer had one of those!
The kids were outside playing crazy on the trampoline, and I was out surveying the veggie patch.. Paul came out to have a look-see, and lifted the lid on the spa to let it get some air..
It looked SOOOO GOOD in there! next thing, I was getting the kids swimmers ready, Paul had jumped in, and the kids were hankering at the side of the spa to get in.. well, Molly was hankering and being impatient about having to get clothes off and swimmers on. Jasper decided I had the wrong swimmers for him, and went and got some other ones, and the festivities began!

I was going to get in too, but the wind was cold, and I knew that if I got in, I wasn't going to get out! Plus, getting Molly dressed for bed (as it was super close to bed time) while dripping wet is not an inviting proposition.
AND the wine was too delicious!

There was a bubble blowing lesson being conducted.. Look at the effort and strain Paul is showing - such a great teacher!
 Good teachers get all the smooches!
 Silly teachers (aka jasper) get the giggles and cheeks to smooch on!

So, Jasper had his optometry appointment today, just at a local optomotrist. His teacher said another teacher had noticed he favours his left eye over his right when reading, so this is where I started with getting it looked at.
The optician looked with a funky expensive machine, and it seems Jasper is long sighted.
The optician described it like this "if you are reading a book (or this blog post), your eye muscles are working at a 2.5 (for example), when Jasper is reading the same thing, his muscles are working at a 5 or more. His eyes will get fatigued really easily and it will be impacting his learning." LIGHTBULBS anyone??
He gave me a referral to an opthomologist at our hospital, and I will email that through to our haematologist and hopefully get some answers - and a quick appointment!!
The optometrist today said that Jasper will need glasses.

Jasper has been saying on and off that his eyes are fuzzy, but that always coincides with someone in his class getting glasses or having some eye issue, so I have disregarded his comments, thinking he wants to copycat... OOPS. Bad momma!
If this other teacher had not said something, I would not have really bothered with getting his eyes tested... I do feel bad, and need to take what he says more seriously... but then I hear about every papercut!
I guess we both need to learn what to share and listen to!

Ok, I am off to bed, 9pm on a Friday night... what a party animal!!!

thank for reading.

Brooke
As I know more about the eye situation, I will post it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness, your little lady is so big now!! D