Tuesday, November 8, 2011

November... already??

Ok, so aside from changing the blog address, there is not much more to report.

I decided to change the address from JASPERMILES.BLOGSPOT.COM to JASPERANDMOLLY.BLOGSPOT.COM , so I can tell both their stories, not just medical stuff for Jasper. That can tend to get a little lonely!

I will start with the exciting news... Yesterday I got a phone call from a magazine who is already doing an article on Jasper and FA.. I will tell more when we are published.. The lady on the phone said they wanted to nominate Jasper for an award as a Young Braveheart for 2011. It is very exciting. Just him being nominated is a huge thing. If he wins, we get to travel to Sydney for an award presentation and he gets some awesome prizes!
It would be fantastic awareness of FA in the community too!! More news to follow as it comes to hand.

Now onto the sad news.. We had to get our dog put down last Thursday. We have had him longer than we have had kids.. he was 11 years old, and his name is Eric.

The vet was 95% sure he had lymphatic cancer. He was almost totally blind, and had glaucoma in one eye.. The pain from the glaucoma was enough to decide to put him down, and it wasn't easy.
He was Jasper's best mate, and he was pretty devestated about it.
We had talked about the possibility of losing Eric for a while, but trust me, it doesn't make it any easier.
He was a pretty cruisy dog. Black, and gorgeous. He was my first baby, and my heart is heavy with his loss.
There is no boy sleeping at my back door.
There are a lot of holes.


I think Jasper feels it more than I do. Mainly on the weekends, when he is outside a lot more, and his mate is not there. It will get easier. I know it will.
Eric was Jaspers number one fan from day dot. With Molly, he took longer to warm to her, and it was only in the last few months he would not want to be outside when she was awake inside!

Lastly for this post, Molly had her 18 month immunisations today. She was a trooper and no ill effects - so far..just general crankiness which is not her usual style.

More soon

thanks for reading.

 Brooke

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Keep us informed on the award! How exciting! Hugs and love about Eric. He was obviously so loved. You did the right thing for him though. It was very brave. Hugs. Miss you!