Monday, November 28, 2011

Busy busy busy bees!!

We have had some busy days over the last week, culminating in the Christmas tree being put up on Sunday!!
We don't have lights on yet... we lost the transformer for our lights, so have ordered some bargain ones online, so by this next weekend, I am hoping it will be done!
Here are some of my favourite decorations...
I might have done this before at some point, but i just LOVE them so much!
We got them at a Christmas Tree Shop in New Hampshire one year in the USA, so my tree makes me think of America every time the decorations go up!!


 this will be our first Christmas in 11 years without our old boy. He is still with us in spirit!
 Let it snow? HA! It'll be summer here, and we will be ROASTING HOT!!! We will wish it would snow~
See, some cute ones, right?? We have moose ones and all sorts... Paul let me go crazy (to an extent), because he knows how much I love Christmas!!

Jasper has done his Christmas cards for his class (without too much fuss), ready to give out at school tomorrow... they only have 2 weeks left, thank goodness!!!
Here he is sitting on the coffee table, writing his cards!
He will have a desk - at some point - before Christmas... I don't normally make him do school work sitting on the coffee table!!
I went shopping for a desk today, and after much disappointment, I found the almost perfect one!!!
and the best bit... it's only $88!!!

nice, right? (laptop is not included!!). They didn't have stock, so we got a chair, and ordered the desk.. She said they will have it in about 2 days! I am a bit excited. It will finish off the games room area... all excpet the painting...
Paul put a tv up on the wall for the Wii (and any other gaming console Santa may be delivering), the kids toys and now a desk!!
Need something to sit on, I hear you say?? Here's something we prepared earlier (like on Saturday...)

two little zombies watching some cartoon before bed time.. is it just me, or do they look totally exhausted?!?! MAYBE because of some afternoon exhaustion play we prepared... (when I say WE, please read PAUL)..

When Jasper was about Molly's age, we had a tennis ball on a string hung up out the back that he would hit and hit and hit. It would fly around and smack him back! It caused much delight, and it's fair share of tears..
We decided to do the same for Molly, but with a lighter ball..
here is what my McGuyver designed..
It's a wiffle ball, and a bat Jasper has had for a few years.. It is hollow and light weight.

 this is the stick that Jasper used to use... it is over 6 years old (we never throw things out.) (again, when I say "WE", I mean PAUL!!).
It is a bit dog chewed, but still works a treat!



The kids had a blast!
I think we have another ball hitting monster on our hands!!!

I will post again when I have the Christmas tree lights on, and have a shot of the kids with it - oh, side note, Molly actually "high-5"ed Sants today... shock!! It was awesome!

No medical news... still waiting for an appointment at the ophthalmology clinic at the hospital... sigh!

thanks for reading.

Brooke

No comments: