Monday, November 21, 2011

The Curse of Santa

We have a strange love/terrified relationship with Santa happening this year with Molly.

Jasper has LOVED Santa from the get go. Like, L.O.V.E.D.

Sometimes I wonder if I need to be concerned that my kid has a real affection for a strange man who has a big beard, red clothes, and asks you to sit on his lap (then gives you candy....)

Last year, Molly just cried and cried when we saw Santa. It was kinda cute.

She doesn't cry all that much, but Santa terrified her to the point of hysteria!
This year, we are progressing. Slowly. Very slowly.

Jasper has already been to sit on the jolly mans lap and reel off his list, while Molly stood in the shopping cart and stared suspiciously...

Today, she ran from one end of the shopping centre to where the Santa chair was, calling out "Santa, Santa, Santa" the whole way.
Then we got there, and she freezes.

Total ice block.

I said "say hello to Santa". She says "no" without ever taking her eyes from his suspicious face...

We stand there for a few minutes, her the great immovable object, and me gently coaxing...

Then I give up. I say "tell Santa bye-bye". She waves, yells "bye-bye" and is outta there!!!

Only 15 minutes later, she is asking "where's Santa?".

We go back past and this time, she is in the shopping cart, and I wheel her right up. She is NOT happy!!

No tears, but total horror!!!
At least she can't run when she is in the cart!

We are just taking baby steps, and maybe by Christmas, she will be able to sit for a photo... But I'm not holding my breath!!

Jasper puts the list for both of them forward (but it is suspiciously Jasper heavy, and not much requested for Molly...).

Photos next time.. Probably not of Santa, but I will see how she goes!!

Thanks for reading.

Brooke

No comments: